TAG Treasury Team

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Shop of the Week: Bijuterra

I really am pleased to introduce Ioana of Bijuterra
When I asked her to tell me a little about herself she told me her story was a wish come true.  In her words "30 years ago some desperate parents interdicted their 3 year old child to use pencils to draw on their house's inner walls :) Due to this, and to the fact that all pencils, brushes and markers were forbidden, the child found another way to express: all chocolate received was hidden and used to "decorate" the walls when all other tools were not available. 30 years later, here I am, willing to tell a story on every wall there is. Not with chocolate, like I used to :), but in watercolors, as you can find in my shop.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/114408145/watercolor-illustration-watercolor-fine?ref=shop_home_active_1

She married in 2009 a man she has know since she was 14.  They live in Romania and both studied design together in high school.  Ioana attended the University of Art and Design in Cluj, Romania  and included fashion in her studies.  She currently works for an international advertising agency.

Ioana's day of rest is Saturday because Sunday she spends teaching design.  Her free time is filled with her painting and she love cooking.  Her fashion illustrations are striking and seem to each have a touch of mystery.  You can see her imagination in each painting.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/99687515/science-fiction-fashion-illustration?ref=shop_home_active_4https://www.etsy.com/listing/117565934/fashion-illustration-watercolor-painting?ref=shop_home_active_17
With working full time, teaching design and having an Etsy shop there is one more thing about Ioana that I discovered by accident one day when surfing YouTube.  Ioana has more than a few tutorials for fashion drawing and illustration.  I have spent some time watching her work and it is fascinating.  Her YouTube is "Fashion Teaching" and is worth the time to see her work.

When asked for her favorite advice she replies "I don't know if it is advice, it is the rule I have in life: If you want to achieve something, all you have to do is Work, work, work and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy it: And after 10.000 hours, the results will come, I am sure".

FB: https://www.facebook.com/fashionillustrationforsale
My sites:
http://inspiration-of-the-nation.com/
http://fashion-teaching.com/
http://ecotips-and-tricks.com/
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/isandru/
 

Article by Gail of Digital Expressions and Artful Papers


11 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the interview! I enjoyed every question:)
    So happy and grateful to be part of the team:)
    thank you and many many kisses from Bucharest, Romania!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful to learn more about my team mates. It sounds like Ioana truly loves what she is doing and it shows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you:) yes, i feel very good when i am painting:) and i do this since i was 3:) as my mother says..:) kisses from romania!

      Delete
  3. Ioana, what a pleasure to meet the woman behind the imaginative watercolor paintings. I love your loose style and your minimalist suggestive technique.

    I watched a few of your YouTube videos and am eager to break open my watercolor paints again. Thank you for the inspiration!

    Blessings and success in 2015,

    JoJo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy yo hear that:) Thank you for your nice and warm words:)
      success in 2015 for us all! kisses

      Delete
  4. I'm feeling inspired as well. This was once a hobby for me to draw such images with no formal training. Thank you Ioana for sharing your inspirational story !

    Best wishes,
    Robin
    ~jarmfarm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. many kisses, and thank you so much for your comment and for all the beautiful treasuries :)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful interview Ioana! Love meeting the woman behind such beautiful work! Now I'm going to go watch some You Tube videos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, dear Kathy:) i post every Thursday, and sometimes during w-end:) kisses

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you found a way to express yourself at that young age, Ioana, love your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your story and can't wait to see the videos!

    ReplyDelete