TAG Treasury Team

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

12-9 Shop of the Week: Artefyk

One thing we love about Etsy is that it brings artists from all over the world together.  TAGT Team would like to introduce you to the owner of Artefyk, Efrat.  She lives in the central part of Israel, in a town named Ra’anana.  Efrat is married with three grown children and two grandchildren (sweet little girls who live with their family in Los Angeles … which is very far from Grandma .
Efrat tells us about her journey from ceramics to crochet bead work and much more, “For the last 22 years I work as an art and craft teacher. I work in a day center with an elderly population.  I teach them all kinds of arts and crafts.  I can say that I’m very lucky since my job is my hobby.  My love for art started when I was young.   My mother taught me how to knit and crochet and my grandmother taught me how to sew.  As a young girl I used to sew my own clothes and later on I would sew and knit for my family.  I enlarged my knowledge in different kinds of subjects with the help of books and courses.  For more than ten years I worked with ceramic, creating beautiful things to decorate my home.  After that I learned the secrets of embroidery.”  Efrat loves teaching the elderly and wanted you to see of her great students. 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/75197856/art-sculpture-hand-made-polymer-clay-owl?ref=shop_home_active_1
What a multi-talented artist, one who loves to do it all in her design studio.  She sells the patterns she develops like the one for this stunning bracelet in her shop.

Efrat tells us “About 30 years ago the polymer clay arrived to Israel and immediately caught my attention… I had to try it and fell in love with its versatility. During the past few years I have made all kinds of things from polymer clay, for myself and as gifts. In between, I also work with beads, my other love… and then I combined those two together.” 
                               https://www.etsy.com/listing/89957463/handmade-polymer-clay-oval-shape-pendant?ref=shop_home_active_4
“These days I love to combine my two favorites: crochet and beadwork.  I’m making crocheted beads ropes as necklaces, bracelets and earrings.  In my Etsy shop I  sell the patterns.”  We are sure you will love what you see, such as these two items, when you visit Efrat’s Etsy shop.
 
Efrat is very proud of  this Graduate Owl polymer sculpture which is a Good Luck piece.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/75197856/art-sculpture-hand-made-polymer-clay-owl?ref=shop_home_active_2
Her life’s motto:” I think that we all should focus on things that make us feel good, because happiness is the truth!!”  Now I doubt anyone could argue with that. 


Twitter https://twitter.com/artefyk
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/efrat_kuvent



Interview by Alisann of Art by Alisann
 

 

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful article and very nice to learn more about Efrat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post featuring the many talents Efrat has! Wonderful getting to know more about her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How talented and what a great motto!

    Laurie Anne
    http://artfulbitsandbytes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to read more about Efrat! The items you create look soo difficult to make:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your story; so nice to learn more about you!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous to finally "meet" you, Efrat! Your work is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I had misspelled a word earlier....

      You are incredibly talented Efrat!

      Thank you for sharing your story with us.

      Best wishes,
      Robin

      Delete
  8. It is so nice to learned a bit more about you, Efrat. I admire your creations and think it is wonderful that you are able to work with the elderly.

    Kind regards,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Leanna, how could I contact you? Please let me know.

    Kind regards,
    JC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all so much!! :)

    Efrat

    ReplyDelete