TAG Treasury Team

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Featured Shop of the Week: Bstrung

“Do what you love!” How many times have you heard that phrase? Well, Gabrielle of BStrung certainly lives by those words. A mother of twins, she found her children teaching her about jewelry making. She caught on very quickly and the “addiction” began.

I asked Gabrielle about her childhood and how she came to make her home in Atlanta, “I grew up in Music City, Nashville, TN. I left Nashville to pursue my dream of being an artist to attend Rhode Island School of design. There I got my BFA in illustration. I moved around a bit with my husband from NYC to Ohio and now we have settled in Atlanta.”

Those southern roots are sure strong and it shows in the love of her family. “Raising my twin girls has been my most challenging “job” yet most rewarding too. ”We also asked Gabrielle if she had any pets, and had to chuckled at her response, “ I am the caretaker of a very finicky miniature Schnauzer.” Her sense of humor was apparent and shows a bit of her personality.

By day she is a freelance Graphic Designer, but always leaves time for making new and unique jewelry for her Etsy shop.


Unique handmade lamp work glass jewelry is what you will find and more in her shop. Be sure to stop in and take a look at all of her beautiful art work which includes earrings, bracelets and necklaces. You might find a surprise or two there, too!


Article edited and submitted by Alisann of Abees Art Studio, and Sew Alisann

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful to learn a little bit more about our Gabrielle ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabrielle, I love your work and have enjoyed learning more about you. It a blessing to have such a talent as you on our team.
    Keep creating your gorgeous jewelry,
    JoJo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you, Gabrielle. I also have twins (and 2 others). They are a trip, are they not? You learned from them well. Your jewelry is lovely.

    Mary-Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gabrielle, Having those southern roots most likely makes you a great cook as well!
    It's great knowing you a little better. Thank you for sharing with us.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your soft and unique work, love your shop, Mina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those southern roots! Your work is so beautiful!! Hugs, Alisann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading and knowing about you, Gabrielle :)
    Love your work!!

    Efrat

    ReplyDelete
  8. RISD - the school of my dreams! What a wonderful journey has brought you to creating your shop. Thank you for sharing your inspirational story; I wish you marvelous success!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your shop and your story, Gabrielle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How interesting to find out that your are a graphic designer, Gabrielle. I am also and now we both are addicted to jewelry making! I love your jewelry and want to wish you the best with your shop.

    ReplyDelete